We are pleased to announce the upcoming launch of the German Energy Academy in Jordan (GEA-Jordan) in partnership between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan under the patronage of the Jordanian Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy and Climate Change (BMWK C) and co-orgaization with The German Agency for International Cooperation or (GIZ).
The German Energy Academy in Jordan GEA Jordan accepts trainees from Jordan’s and neighbouring countries’ energy workers. The Academy staff will provide professional training in building, operating and maintaining renewable energy equipment and energy efficiency, as well as labour market skills such as entrepreneurship, digital skills and communication skills.
Eight Partners are involved in the establishment and operation of the Academy are:
- Jordanian-German Energy Partnership implemented by the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ)
- Al Hussein Technical University (HTU).
- German Jordanian University.
- Oman Chamber of Commerce and Industry (OCCI)
- Electrical Training Centre at the National Electric Power Company.
- The German Educational Foundation of Niuversity.
- German – Arab Chamber Of Industry & Commerce (AHK MENA) through its branch in the Arab Republic of Egypt also contributes to the accreditation of the Academy’s study programmes so that the Academy certificates are internationally recognized.
The Energy Academy is part of the Jordanian-German energy partnership established in 2019 between the Jordanian and German governments. (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH) and The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action facilitate the partnership’s works through liaison offices in Amman and Berlin on behalf of the German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Change and Jordanian Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.